Winter Skin Tips January 20 2015
Wintertime isn't always kind to our skin. Between the cold air, blowing winds and dry, indoor heat, the moisture is just sucked right out and can be hard to replace. Add to that sensitive, eczema prone skin and you can have a big problem on your hands (literally)!
Here are our five tips to keep your skin healthy all winter long, from head to toe!
1) Moisturize - every day. This is obvious, but also key. You might need to step it up and go with a richer moisturizer in the winter. On your face, try Pure Anada's Berry and Bouquet Hydra Cream. On your body, our own Greenwood Naturals All Natural Moisturizing Cream is hydrating, gentle and safe for the whole family. For extra dry spots, like heels, hands and knees try Pure Anada's African Gold Shea Butter. You can even melt some shea butter into your bath, for a deeply moisturizing soak.
2) Protect - If you are going to be playing outdoors, make sure you protect exposed skin with a barrier. Pure Anada's African Gold Shea Butter is perfect for this job. Smooth it over cheeks and nose and that wind won't dry out your skin. This is especially important for little ones who tend to have really sensitive skin. Don't forget the lips, Pure Anada's Cocoa Mint Lip Balm is super rich and tingly from peppermint essential oil, and it will keep your lips smooth and soft.
3) Be Gentle - Even though it is tempting when it's cold outside, make sure you don't use very hot water to wash your face and body. This can lead to redness, irritation and can dry the skin out even more. Instead, use warm water and gently massage the face with Pure Anada's Lavender and Chamomile Calming Cleanser, which won't strip the skin of moisture, but will melt away dirt and makeup and leave skin soft and calm. For your body, try Greenwood Naturals handmade, Botanical Soaps, which contain olive and coconut oils and are gentle and moisturizing on the skin.
4) Exfoliate - Removing dead skin cells that accumulate on the surface of the skin allows moisturizers to penetrate readily and leaves skin feeling soft. For your face, Pure Anada's Fruit Enzyme Exfoliating Cleanser is gentle, yet effective. For the hands and feet, Pure Anada's Dead Sea Manicure is an aromatherapeutic experience. It exfoliates, hydrates and just makes the hands and feet feel brand new!
5) Hydrate - from the inside out. We know that our skin is made mostly of water, so make sure that you are replenishing those cells with lots of fresh H2O during these dry months.